CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 25, 2010

{Ippity} Hop time!

Wow, the time sure flys by! This is my 3rd Ippity Hop, I can't believe it! I am so in love with Ippity stamps! I never really thought I would love making cards more than I do scrapbooking! But, quite honestly...it's hard to make time to do everything when you work full time and have a family to raise, try to be healthy and active. Cards are perfect for this because you can use an hour after bedtimes to whip up a card or two and still have time to watch a movie with your SO!

This card was for Unity's challenge of orange/teal/navy blue. What a fuuuun colour combination! You can't really tell but the gingham ribbon is navy blue and so is the c/s!
This card was for the yellow/turquoise and one other colour challenge! The other colour I chose was red! The turq. and the red make the eyes go all googly when you see this in person. I really must try and get some sort of light box going to take better photos of my cards. ;)
Anyhow, this card uses the love in return set by ippity and the garden variety by unity. I used the award ribbon, cut it out to make it a flower..that was fun..I'll have to play with that a little more in depth when I have a chance!

Enjoy the rest of the Ippity Hop everyone! I know everyone did a beautiful job and I look forward to seeing everyone's projects! You can see them all by going HERE!

11 comments:

Tracy said...

Great cards - love the color combos! TFS!

Andrea said...

Great use of the color combo!

Rachel B said...

Both cards are fabulous! I really love the flower on the second one. Very neat looking!

Susan B. said...

Pretty cards Aleks!

Elisabeth said...

Lovely cards, that flower on the second one is super!

Rachel B said...

You had asked for a tutorial on my little meander books from my ippity post. (http://rcbogner.blogspot.com) I had gotten the tutorial from splitcoaststampers in their resource area and the title is Meander book! Have fun.

NoraAnne said...

Hi Aleks, I love your cards, great for the color challenges! and I agree with the scrapbooking vs. cardmaking! I work full time and have a 4 year old, so time is precious. I LOVE scrapbooking but making cards is quicker (usually) and instant gratification! If you want to follow my blog, I will post a tutorial in the next few days on how to make the sheet music flower that I shared on my card today! *hugs* Nora Anne

FibreJunky said...

Great cards!!

Lone Pine Designs said...

Both of these are lovely!

farmhouse-story said...

Gorgeous cards!

Linda said...

great stuffed my friend!