CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 25, 2010

{Ippity} Hop time!

Wow, the time sure flys by! This is my 3rd Ippity Hop, I can't believe it! I am so in love with Ippity stamps! I never really thought I would love making cards more than I do scrapbooking! But, quite honestly...it's hard to make time to do everything when you work full time and have a family to raise, try to be healthy and active. Cards are perfect for this because you can use an hour after bedtimes to whip up a card or two and still have time to watch a movie with your SO!

This card was for Unity's challenge of orange/teal/navy blue. What a fuuuun colour combination! You can't really tell but the gingham ribbon is navy blue and so is the c/s!
This card was for the yellow/turquoise and one other colour challenge! The other colour I chose was red! The turq. and the red make the eyes go all googly when you see this in person. I really must try and get some sort of light box going to take better photos of my cards. ;)
Anyhow, this card uses the love in return set by ippity and the garden variety by unity. I used the award ribbon, cut it out to make it a flower..that was fun..I'll have to play with that a little more in depth when I have a chance!

Enjoy the rest of the Ippity Hop everyone! I know everyone did a beautiful job and I look forward to seeing everyone's projects! You can see them all by going HERE!

11 comments:

Tracy said...

Great cards - love the color combos! TFS!

Andrea said...

Great use of the color combo!

Bogner's said...

Both cards are fabulous! I really love the flower on the second one. Very neat looking!

Susan B. said...

Pretty cards Aleks!

Elisabeth said...

Lovely cards, that flower on the second one is super!

Bogner's said...

You had asked for a tutorial on my little meander books from my ippity post. (http://rcbogner.blogspot.com) I had gotten the tutorial from splitcoaststampers in their resource area and the title is Meander book! Have fun.

NoraAnne said...

Hi Aleks, I love your cards, great for the color challenges! and I agree with the scrapbooking vs. cardmaking! I work full time and have a 4 year old, so time is precious. I LOVE scrapbooking but making cards is quicker (usually) and instant gratification! If you want to follow my blog, I will post a tutorial in the next few days on how to make the sheet music flower that I shared on my card today! *hugs* Nora Anne

FibreJunky said...

Great cards!!

Lone Pine Designs said...

Both of these are lovely!

lynn said...

Gorgeous cards!

Linda said...

great stuffed my friend!